Friday, June 6, 2008

Walk in it

"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:21

I saw this verse today and I loved it...

I love how it states that I (or you, your next door neighbor, whoever) will hear a voice from behind. He knows we will make mistakes and stumble and fall, but he is right behind us to pick us up.Wow! Think about it. Think about it some more. What is God saying??

My thinking process of this verse:

I am amazed that God is letting us walk in front of Him...He shines a light on our path and He lets us be in front. He guides us and speaks to us through our hearts. He has put the truth in our hearts and we must find what we love and listen to our inner voice and go with it. He will let us know if we are doing right in every area of our life.

God has put His desires in our heart and allows us to find "it" (our desires) and walk in front of Him = "And your ears shall hear a word behind you"
He guides us and speaks to us through our hearts and we must listen to this inner voice = "This is the way, walk in it"
Every area of our life = "when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left"

The Bible really is living. If I had read this verse a year ago, it would not have impacted me quite like it did today. I love to find more meaning in life...in every little thing...with people, with bible verses, with a walk in a park, or when having a conversation with someone. I know, at times, I can probably annoy the poo right out of my boyfriend in particular, but sometimes it needs to be done. My findings, when I disect the inner workings of myself, are a reality of how simple it all really is:
I must never stop learning and never stop growing! I truly believe the more you search yourselves to find who you really are the more you will realize you are much more than just average or normal. I believe you have to trust yourself and that inner voice to become who you really are.
Maybe I could change the verse to:
"This is your own unique way that I made for you, walk in it."

No comments: