Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Mocha Club

$7 per month in Africa does the following:

* Feed one person for a month
* Educate 2 children for 1 school term
* Save 1 person's life from malaria
* Provide clean water to 7 Africans for 1 year

Pretty amazing to think about. This is where my $7 goes every month. I wanted to give you the opportunity to join the Mocha Club if you would like. I have talked about the Mocha Club, but I haven't given you enough information in order for you to find out how you can join.

If you join my team then your $7.00 a month goes toward Orphan Care. There are many other areas where your donations can go toward, but my heart lies with the orphans and making their lives better so that they can have fulfilling lives ahead of them. If you would like to join, please follow this link https://www.mochaclub.org/mochaclub/team/6952

I am excited to be working with these orphans in a little less than 3 weeks and I, once again, thank you all for your prayers and support. You have made it possible for me to go!

Other news:
What will my team and I be doing while we are there?
We will be working with 200 orhpans in Addis Ababa and 270 orphans in Ambo (just outside of Addis Ababa). We have two events going on while we are there. One day we are going to put on a "Carnival Day" where we will have tables set up for face painting, making of balloon animals, painting/coloring, etc. Another day we will celebrating holidays. (I have been put in charge of brining Valentine supplies...Valentine's Day in July is the new thing..ha!) It is going to be great to have fun with these children and just let them be children - play, decorate, laugh, and have fun.

Thank you for the support with the donations. I am very excited to take pictures of the children with all of your donations...I will take pictures and be more than happy to post them for all of you to see and enjoy once I return!

Much love,
Jen

3 comments:

the bradfords said...

Hi Jen,
Did you ever receive a check from us, I don't see where it cleared and just wanted to make sure you got it. It was sent back in April. We are praying for you.
much love,
mb

Jen E said...

Yes, I did get it. I sent you a letter in the mail today thanking you. I sent it into 963 missions. I will call them tomorrow and see if they received it. I apologize...I will be in contact with you.

the bradfords said...

No worries Jen, I just wanted to make sure you received it. Can't wait to hear of your experiences when you return.