Friday, June 6, 2008

Short-Term Vs. Long-Term? That is the Question.

I'm currently searching online for a "stuffable rain jacket". If you read my last post, then you know that I am going to have to be a savvy traveler when it comes to packing; can't waste space. I suppose anything "stuffable" will work...hmmm...maybe I'll search for stuffable shoes, crayons, paper, clothing...ha! Anyways, we are nearing the departure date (July 1st) and I still can't believe it's coming up so quickly. Before I know it, the trip will already have come and gone and then what??...Then...what???...

Great question...
Then...what?

If you've been reading my blogs or have been talking to me personally then you understand where my heart is. My heart is everywhere but in the place I am in the most...my job that I currently have. I feel a real pull to serve and not just on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of going to Ethiopia, but really serve. I am not going to do anything drastic and quit my job and move to Tibet, but this pull on my heart definitely has me thinking. I am thinking about long-term after this short-term. How many times in my life, or in your life, have we been impacted by something short-term or short-lived, but failed to make it impact our lives long-term? I have done this numerous times and I am finally waking up. I am waking up to the fact that we, or I, have to follow what interests us. The "thing" that keeps us going and makes us go, "wow, I really feel a peace within." So with that, I ask for your prayers right now. I am asking for clarity on the big picture. Where does the path lead after July 15th when I return to Tucson, AZ? Please pray that I am pointed in the right direction and that my vision not be clouded by my own wants or desires.

The quest for the "stuffable rain jacket" must go on. Before I end this short blog, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of those who have supported me with donations and prayers in the recent weeks. I would love to shout out names to make it more personal, but that may be awkward...I will just have to call you up and write you letters...thank you, thank you, thank you!

Much love,
Jen

No comments: