Monday, May 5, 2008

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Invisible

We feel like that often, don't we?
I do

I feel invisible...

No one cares...

If they would just acknowledge my presence...

If they would just acknowledge the "going ons" of my life...

If they would just follow up with a simple question like, "how is your dad doing?"

Blah, blah, blah

Someone I work closely with said outloud one day in a joking way, "What am I? Invisible?!"

I wanted to say, "no you're not."

We went out tonight to celebrate her birthday two weeks late. I want her to know that I see her.

Africa has opened my eyes to, well, Africa, but to the people around me right here, right now in Tucson, AZ. We all feel like Casper the Ghost once in a while, but it is our responsibility, or at least mine, to let those people around me know that I "see" them. And it is also my responsibility to visit the children of Africa in Ethiopia to let them know that they are not invisible. I won't do anything to "save" them while I'm over there. I go there because I can't pretend that they aren't there...I have to let them know, by just my presence, that they aren't invisible and that God sees them and has not forgotten.

I wear a bracelet that is made by the people of Uganada. It is a reminder of the "Invisible Children" that have been orphaned by war/disease in Uganada. I wear it for them, but I also wear it as a reminder for me to slow down...talk to people..let God's light shine through my life and shine down on them! There is nothing more awesome feeling than when you feel the eyes of God on you...don't ya think?!

No comments: